It is late, and I am tired - but I must share this with you... Ben is working late tonight, and I came to check my email and look at a few blogs after putting Campbell down. I first went to Katie McDowell Isaak's blog (she discipled me in high school) and found a YouTube video she posted. It is the video of a praise song called "Oh, how He loves us". Katie titled the post - "The strength of His pursuit is tireless"... how true.
For those of you who know me (Katie), you know I love to worship through music and can, at times, become emotional. :) Lately, I haven't really been feeling "good enough" in many areas - not a good enough mom to campbell, not good at keeping my house clean enough or organized enough, not being a good enough wife or even child of God... Satan has really been getting to me.
Then I listened to this song tonight, and something hit me... something I already knew, but had easily forgotten. God doesn't love me because I AM good enough - He loves me becuase I'm NOT - and I need Him. Oh, how I need Him! So as I listened over and over again, and tears fell - the Lord sweetly reminded me that He doesn't care if my house is perfectly cleaned or perfectly organized. He loves me. Anyway.
The chorus to this song is simple, but the few verses are really neat...please take the time to listen. I hope you are encouraged as I was. You can find a link to Katie's blog on ours under Links - Jerry and Katie.
Oh, How He loves us
He is jealous for me
Loves like a hurricane
I am a tree
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy
When all of a sudden
I am aware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory
And I realize just how beautiful you are
And how great your affections are for me
And Oh, how He loves us!
Oh, how He loves us!
We are His portion
He is our prize
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes
If grace is an ocean
We're all sinking...
So Heaven meets Earth like a sloppy wet kiss
and my heart turns violently inside my chest
I don't have time for regrets when I think about
How He loves us,
Oh, how He loves us
He loves us!
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Yes, Katie! Thank you for reminding me of this this morning. Praise the Lord because you have a beautiful family; and even though you may not feel like it, He is using you in a mighty way in the lives of Ben and Campbell (and all of us!) We had so much fun spending the weekend with you and miss you already. Micah says he wants to go to Birmingham!
Katie, all of those thought are indeed the devil. As one who can speak from inside knowledge, you do an amazing job as a mother, a wife, a house cleaner, and with every other job you undertake. You are responsible for so much and do it flawlessly. But of course all only by God's grace and strength. Praise God for His love for us and for your love for me!! I love you.
thanks for writing that! i saw that song on their site a few weeks ago and love it too! you are such a wonderful mom, wife, and FRIEND! it is so easy to forget how much the Lord loves us and the fact we don't have to work for his love! thank goodness...
i love and miss you!!!!
Post a Comment