Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Girls Trip to Bradenton

Every year my best friends from high school (Joy, Jessica & Kimmie) and I try to take a trip together - even if its a small one. This year, we decided to go visit Kimmie in Bradenton, Florida. Unfortunately because of her pending wedding and work schedule, Joy couldn't come... we missed you Joy! The trip was great - the 7 hour drive was totally worth it. We went to eat at some of Kimmie's favorite places (including the hole-in-the-wall BBQ place in the picture - we were the only ones in there under the age of 80!), shopped at the outlets, and went to Busch Gardens! I love roller coasters - but got the ride of my life on the Skeikra... it has a 90 degree drop - seriously - and it holds you over the edge for 5 seconds before dropping you. Of course, Kimmie made us ride on the front row! Because the park is owned by the Busch family, there is free beer! Which might be nice if I liked it, but I don't... we took pictures anyway. :) I don't have all the pictures from the park - so I will include more later...



PS - I did the slideshow in movie style as a tribute to Kimmie the theater teacher! Good luch with the play Kimmie!

1 comment:

nick, robyn and taylor said...

Looks like y'all had fun. I like how the horse turned it's head to look at the camera.