Sunday, January 21, 2007

Hee Hee Hee Whooooo . . .


This Saturday Katie and I went to a childbirth class at Providence Hospital (where Katie will deliver). I was glad to find out that it was not one of those classes that makes you feel bad for having an epidural or taking pain meds. It was mainly informative about various things like the stages of labor and other logistics, like what you'll do when you come to the hospital. The best part though was when we practiced the breathing to get through the contractions. Don't think at all that I am discounting this approach to deal with pain, I know it works, but Katie and I were cracking up practicing in a room full of couples and non in-labor women. You just feel kinda stupid counting so intently and actually saying, "Hee Hee Whooo." Somehow I thought that was only on TV and that no one really said those exact words. I stand corrected. More than one time whilst utilizing my most intent and serious face and counting for Katie, she had to stifle her guffaws for fear of making the teacher think we were making fun; which we were sort of, but only because no one was really in labor.

By the way, going to the doctor tomorrow, so an update on the weight of Campbell will be forthcoming . . . think light.

1 comment:

nick, robyn and taylor said...

Classic Ben-style wording...I love it! I can totally picture y'all misbehaving in the birthing class!