Sorry if this is a bit of a personal rant, but for any of you guys who've put together baby furniture, indulge me if you will.So I have already put togther the crib and armoire. Now for the changing table. No big deal. Last thing. Get it out of the box, check. Take the pieces out and lay them in groups that look like they go together, check. Grab the giant bag of metal labeled "Various and Sundry Nuts, Bolts, Screws, and other assorted shards you've never seen before", check. Get assembly instructions out, che... wait a sec. Where are those included assembly instructions? Left in the box? Nope. Still in the box? You wish. Okay, so they forgot the instructions in the box, great. Hey maybe they are on the manufacturer's web site. Oddly enough they have online instructions for every piece they sell but yours. Classic.
So I say to myself, "Self, you graduated from college, surely you can put together a child's changing table. Its not like you're fixing the Hubble Telescope or something". So alas I begin putting the thing together, envisioning how I figure it ought, and placing screws and round shards in what looks to be there designated homes. Eventually, short story long, I started running out of pieces and the darn thing started to take shape. And being the college grad I was (Auburn too I might add, so no slouch) got the blasted thing into four main pieces that even a monkey could put together. So all in all not so bad. What began as what I thought would be impossible, actually wasn't that hard after all. Still probably faster with the instructions though, but actually the last thing I put together before this didn't even have words on it. Hmm . . . maybe a monkey could do it . . .





1 comment:
Well, let me be the first to comment on this hilarious, albeit well written article, by Mr. Compton. Only 5 little words for ya my man....HANG ON TO YER BUTTS! It's gonna get a lot harder than putting the changing table together. You will LONG, ney BEG, to put together a changing table.....I've often used the fact that I have a college education as consolation in inexplicable parenting situations! It's comforting to know that at one time I was considered somewhat intelligent and useful to the mass population, eventhough at that present moment, I feel defeated by a mere 9 pound, toothless, poopy pants. :)
Although, I'm sure your sweet little Campbell won't be any trouble at all. We're all looking forward to meeting your little muffin at the beach!! Love ya, brother!! :)
Post a Comment