Katie's apponitment today with the OB went very well. Per ultrasound, baby Campbell is
7 lbs. 11 ounces. We were very happy about only a 1/2 pound gain! Katie is now 36 weeks and 2 days, and this visit was the first time that the OB wanted to check her cervix. We were praying for her to have progressed, and she had just a bit. He said her cervix is softening, and almost 1 cm. Thats by no means a disappointment, considering she is still 4 weeks from her original due date. He was happy about her not getting too big and does think we can try for a regular deliver instead of a C-section. We were thankful for that as well. We are scheduled for induction on Feb 12, but will go in the hospital the night before.
As an aside, I confirmed with Dr. Plessala about me getting to deliver Campbell, barring any adverse events. I am pumped to get to be the first

one to hold our child and get to hand her to my wife who will have worked and has worked so hard to get her here. Nothing like keeping it in the family, huh? I guess there are
some perks to being in medical school and having delivered babies before. I figured if I've delivered other peoples babies, why not my own. I'm glad her OB agreed.
1 comment:
This is great news. I'm glad everything is going so smoothly. Well I wrote down on my calender the 12th and that's Lincoln's birthday also. Well just keep us posted. I can't wait to meet Campbell!
Post a Comment