Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Got Milk?


This post is to officially announce that Katie and I have decided that Campbell will be exclusively breastfed until she begins junior highschool. Breast milk really is best, so why not forever. Okay, okay, maybe we won't do it that long, but after going to the breast feeding class at the hospital on Monday, I wouldn't be surprised if there are some odd folks out there who come close. The class was actually pretty good and not that hard-core about it. We were glad. But, they did show this video that was somewhat odd in its praise of breastfeeding, and almost made Katie want to exclusively formula feed just to spite those weird people on the video. She was like, "Why do those people have to be such freaks about it! Why can't you just breastfeed your child and thats it?" In her defense, those people were definately weird. Despite that, we will still breastfeed Campbell, but not for an inordinate amount of time. I say we, but I think I might have to let Katie do most of that. I guess I'll burp her or something. . .

No comments: