Thursday, October 30, 2008
Prayer for Katie Crosby
My friend Kimmie's sister, Katie Crosby, just left for the mission field for at least 2 years straight - no coming home inbetween. She is working with Muslims in Northern Africa, and will travel to other places as well. Please keep her in your prayers - as well as her family - 2 years is a long time! I got to be in Auburn the weekend before she left for her commissioning service at church, and a friends and family "send off" party after. It was such a blessing to hear her tell us about how the Lord has been preparing her for this for a while - and how strong her calling to the Muslim population is. This is a hard and dangerous calling - but obviously so close to the heart of God. Although we all aren't called to this specifically (however I do think the Lord mandates mission work) we can be a part of this Kingdom work through praying for her. It was also really neat to see the strong support she has from her parents... Although I'm sure they will worry about her, they obviously trust her to the Lord. I pray that one day I get to see Campbell involved in God's work on the mission field - and that I can trust the Lord as the Crosby's do...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Wow, that is exciting! I am glad you shared this so we can be praying.
Post a Comment