Ben got his test back last night (finally!) and it is negative for now at least! Yea!
Sorry for not returning the phone calls of those of you who so sweetly checked on us yesterday, but I had a rough day with a migraine... yuck. We are so thankful for all your prayers and support for us. He will have another test in 6 weeks, and the result could have changed by then. (it usually shows up between 6 and 12 weeks - and we just passed the 6 week mark) Keep praying!
After a month of night float and these test results in the back of our minds, Ben and I decided we needed a little break! Our sweet parents kept Campbell so we could have a weekend alone. We went to dinner with Joy, Kimmie and their husbands Friday night and saw the new Batman movie - it was so good! I night with adults is a rare occasion for us - and we had a blast! Then Saturday morning we went to Atlanta for the night, and stayed at the new Mansion Hotel on Peachtree... wow... it is amazing. The cheapest room there is $495 a night - but thankfully since we had a connection (my brother works in the building next door and got us a business rate - thanks brian!) we got to stay for much, much less. We even had our own butler, and art work that turned into a flat screen tv, not to mention a flat screen in the bathroom... heaven! I even got to get a massage Sunday morning while Ben helped my brother move -hmmmm, how did I get the sweeter end of the deal? :) Brian and Savannah took us to a really good restaurant Saturday night, and we even went out afterwards. Brian had us laughing so hard we were crying... its always so fun to spend time with them.
But while we were having so much fun in Atlanta, poor little Campbell started breaking out with a rash in Auburn, which we later found out was hand, foot and mouth disease. (not as bad as it sounds - but still very sad) My mom had to take her to the doctor in Auburn, and I was so glad to see her on Sunday. I hate being away from her when she doesn't feel good! Thanks Honey, Papa, Doll and Pop Pop for taking care of our sick little girl! She is much better now, and back to normal. She even ate the Red Pepper and Sausage Baked Ziti I made for dinner last night... and when Ben told her it was spicy, she took a huge bite and yelled "mmmmmmm... spiiiiicy!"
Ben took some pictures at the hotel with his phone - I'll try to get them up soon.
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




10 comments:
SOOO glad to hear that! And so glad for your getaway!!! So needed every now and then!
So glad to hear the good news! And I would love a copy of that Red Pepper and Sausage Baked Ziti if you get a chance. :)
I'm SO glad to hear such great news! I will keep praying for you all!
So happy for your news, and your getaway. I think Matt and I need one of those too! Seriously, let's pick a weekend to get together. Just choose one in September and Matt can make sure he's off; if you all are up for it. We miss you guys.
Yaay! Glad you guys got away from real life for a few days. A much needed break I'm sure. Love you guys...
Praise the Lord!Love you!
That is wonderful news! We will keep praying.
what wonderful news!!
so glad ya'll were able to have a little break!! sounds like a blast--and a much needed time of relaxation!!
love you guys--
xoxo
That is great news Katie! I am glad you guys are doing well. Are you guys planning many trips to Auburn this football season? We would love to plan a trip!
Praise the Lord indeed!! So happy to hear the news. So sorry I have been a little out of the loop. I'll be back in Bham tomorrow!
Post a Comment