Anyone who knows me very well knows that I get very emotional during worship in church. (especially those sitting beside me!) Something about music has always had a special place in my heart - and I treasure that worship time on Sundays almost as much as I treasure the sermon. It is amazing to me how often it seems these songs have been written just for me... 2 of my very favorites are Before the Throne (the Shane and Shane version) and Oh, How He Loves Us (which I have on an old blog post). If you haven't heard them, get to searching for them right away!
This past Sunday was no exception for me... my brother in law and sister in law were in town, and were with me - but Ben was working. It was time for Communion, and our Music Minister sang a duet with a girl from the worship team. It was beautiful... With my head bowed, tears were rolling down my cheeks as I thanked the Lord that He had not forgotten my pain - and had sent this song as a reminder to me. EVERY word explained what I am feeling every single day, yet couldn't express in words. This "road to another baby" isn't getting any easier, but thankfully God isn't (nor will ever) get less faithful either.
The song is called Make Something Beautiful by Laura Story. Her version is a little faster - they sang a slow version on Sunday. Either way, it is now in my top 5 - and you must hear it. I hope this song will encourage you as it did me - and no matter what you are going through, TRUST HIM to make something beautiful...
when I’m at the point of breaking
at the place where I resign,
And I’m at the stage of shaking my head
as I look back on my life,
When I’m halfway through the grieving,
but not quite through the ache,
When I cannot see the ending
Or which road I’m supposed to take
All I know to do
is lift my hands to You
Take all of my life,
all of my life,
And make something beautiful.
I open my hand,
trusting Your plan.
to Make something beautiful
so all will see
your work in me
as you Make something beautiful
when i'm tired of pretending
and can't recall my lines
do i say i'm barely breathing
or say i'm doing fine
i admit there is a yearning
for the hurting to subside
BUT NOT AT THE RISK OF MISSING
what you're doing in my life
All I know to do
is lift my hands to You
Take all of my life,
all of my life,
And make something beautiful.
I open my hand,
trusting Your plan.
to Make something beautiful
so all will see
your work in me
as you Make something beautiful
all i know to do
is lift my hands to you...
all i know to do
is lift my hands to you...
make something beautiful
make something beautiful
Amen!
Friday, July 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
katie!! music gets to my heart too! what church in bham do you go too?
Hey Katie,
Just wanted to let you know I've been praying for you guys and I know exactly how you must be feeling these days. Just put it in the Lord's hands and He will take care of the rest. I know it's hard. I love you!!!!
Katie,
Thanks for sharing! I love new songs with awesome words! Still praying for you, sweet friend :)
Love,
Kendall
Katie,
That song is beautiful! I always love to hear new music. :) You're in my prayers and I love you very much!
Hi, I just found your blog today - through a rabbit trail of other blogs. Anyway, I too am struggling with infertility (we have been trying for 17 months for our first child). I said a prayer for you - that the Lord will grant Life for you, and for so many of us that desperately want a miracle. May He bless you and your sweet family. Thank you for opening up about your situation. I look forward to seeing how the Lord will bring beauty from pain. (Have you heard the song by Superchick titled "beauty from pain" - it is very good, as well as many others by them.)
Blessings,
Melissa Fox
Post a Comment