It was easily THE coolest thing I have ever done! I mean really, how much cool stuff do people do that would be more awesome than skydiving? I jumped tandem as you can see from the pictures below and a cameraman videoed the whole thing which was really nice to have. Man! It was awesome! We jumped from 14,000 ft. and pulled the chute at about 5,000 ft. Free fall for at least a full minute, then sailed down the rest of the way over about 7-8 minutes. The falling sensation lasts for about 2-3 seconds until your velocity plateaus, then it just feels like a giant fan is blowing wind at you, and its really loud. After the chute opens its dead silent and all you hear is the gentle flapping of the chute and you can look around and enjoy the view. Landing was smooth and everything. We were asking the guys how much it would cost to get all our own gear and learn to do it on our own. Because after you get certified its only about $20-30 for a "lift ticket" for them to take you up. Not too bad.
Anyway, check out the picks and give Kate major props for the most awesome birthday present ever.
True or False, I have the best wife ever and you're jealous she's not yours? I'll save you the thinking . . . TRUE!




8 comments:
Yes, Ben, your wife is awesome....but you are a NUT!!! :) Fun pictures!
I agree with The Collins Family, Katie is GREAT and you are crazy! I can't believe she actually went through with getting you the tickets for it. I'm glad you had a great time!
True! Best wife ever! But- I think that may not be the COOLEST thing you have ever done. :)
WHAT?!?!?! That's awesome! Katie is for sure the awesomest and we're glad you got to live out a dream...and we're glad you're safe! Come to Mobile, soon. I totally missed your birthday and I'm guessing Nick did, too. Eventhough we're forgetful friends you should come see us soon. :)
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!
Yes-Katie you are the best wife ever! You win. I don't think I could do that but then again I don't think my husband would go skydiving even if I told him he could. Happy Birthday Ben and glad you had a great time.
TRUE! ..and apparently ste ste thinks that about her cooking too. wish i could live up to that.:):)
YEs I am the worst friend for missing your birthday, but luckily Kaite is awesome at giving presents. If you were on facebook I would have seen a reminder!!! Anwyas I am so jealous! It looks like you and Bryan had a blast.
Awesome pics guys!! ANd the video the other night was great too. I still cant believe how the camera man takes these pics. Crazy! Maybe for my 40th birthday I will get the courage up to go skydiving!
Post a Comment