I have heard people say that it is hard for them to read blogs - because people only put the "good" in their lives on their blogs - as if every one of us has happy husbands, obedient children, and a perfectly clean house with a yummy meal in the oven. We all know this is not so... and to prove it, this post will expose me for the helpless sinner that I am. No need to hide it - I need Him. Today especially - and when I called, He answered.
Ben has been working long hours, which is always hard for many reasons. We don't get enough time together, which usually brings petty arguments for no reason. It also means Campbell doesn't get enough time with HIM (which breaks my heart), and I get too much time with HER. Plus Ben is exhausted, and never gets a break... not a good combination. On top of this, the terrible two's have slapped me in the face. When Campbell first hit 2 I thought, "hey, this isn't too bad!" - boy was that premature. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my child - and she has really good days, but she has really bad days too. Like the last several in a row - which have been enough to send me over the edge... like today.
I had lunch with 2 college friends, and Campbell poked one of the them in the face with a fork and refused to apologize. She also wouldn't hug them or tell them bye - but prefered to scream no instead. When I got home, I had had enough. I emailed Ben to apologize for not being forgiving in a stupid argument from the night before, and broke down in the middle of it. I want to love my husband and child perfectly - and I can't. I fail every day. I also want another child so badly - and hate the waiting period the Lord is taking us through. But then I have this horrible feeling, that maybe He shouldn't give us another if I am having such a hard time with this one. A terrible thought, I know - but an honest one.
With tears rolling down my cheeks, I collapsed on my bed knowing I didn't need to call a friend, my mom or even Ben at work - I needed to talk to my heavenly Father. He was the only one that could save me from this pit... I tried to pray, sing a favorite hymn or 2 in my head, but I needed to hear from the Lord - so I brushed the dust off my Bible (yes, i said dust - it has been a while - which is probably how i got in this pit) and opened to Romans 8. And as I read the very words of God Himself, I saw a heading called "More than Conquerors". Ha - I thought - I DEFINITELY don't feel like a conqueror - let alone more. I feel like a failure. But as I read I was reminded that it is not ME who conquers... it is HIM.
"In all these things we are more than conquerors THROUGH HIM WHO LOVED US. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus, our Lord."
I am so easy overwelmed with the turns life has been taking these days, sometimes I feel the walls closing in. Today the Lord sweetly reminded me He would save me from that feeling by showing me "how WIDE and LONG and HIGH and DEEP is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge - that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:18-19
Thank you Jesus...
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




14 comments:
Katie, thanks for sharing and being real on your blog. I so need to be reminded of this daily too. I love you!
thank you for this honest post, katie. we all struggle and it's always comforting to hear things from the Lord that He has shown others. hang in there, friend. His plan is perfect and in time that plan will be revealed to you too.
love this post!!
it is so true...we all struggle. all little ones have their days that do us in. we have seasons of disconnect with spouses, and times where it seems like the walls are caving in. know you are NOT alone in any of those things.
how comforting it is to be reminded of His love for us!
we love you guys, and will continue to pray for you as you journey through this season of life.
xo
I'm not happy that you are going through this but glad to see the Lord working in your heart. Thanks for the post that is so encouraging. I will be praying for you.
Thanks for encouraging ME through your honest post! Love and miss you sweet friend!!
we've already talked and you know i can relate to your honesty too. love you!! i'm always a 3 minute walk away:)
thanks for sharing! i love you!
Thanks for your honest post. I wish more women would be this transparent with their stuggles. God truly uses times like these in ones life to encourage others. Stay at home mom's need to see they are not the only one's feeling this way. It is a hard calling but oh so rewarding. Hang in there.
Katie, what a great and encouraging post! Thank you for being REAL and honest - and I am right there with you. Residency certainly knows how to put the strain on a marriage, and Aaron and I feel that too when he gets into long jags of working like crazy. Praise God that He is good and that His grace IS sufficient. We miss ya'll!
Katie sometimes staying home is SO hard. Only those of us living it can truly understand your struggles. Hang in there and I love ya.
thanks for sharing Katie...I'm definitely one of those that gets annoyed reading about everyone's "perfect life"..in some weird way, I enjoyed blogging more about infertility than I do now about random fun stuff..because with the fertility thing it felt meaningful and real I guess. I'm really encouraged by your honesty and hope that we (LG) can all be that vulnerable with one another- we need to hang out soon!(:
Katie
Thanks for your honesty. Know you are never alone with your parenting feelings and I know God has to love Miller and Tucker through me. I simply can't love them enough myself....a constant lesson. We would love to get with yall the reunion weekend. let us know. my cell is 533-1223. Maybe we can get our little rascals togther to play that weekend.
Mal
hey katie...thanks for sharing your heart. love you.
amy
Katie-
This brought tears to my eyes for God has me in that same place. Trying to find quality time with Wes, dealing with the ups and downs of a 2 year old, wanting another child and at the same time being trying to be obedient to Our Father. I recently spoke at our Women's Summer Ministry about how sometimes God puts us in a place of isolation because He wants us to wait on HIM.
Remember: Pslams 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God" & Psalms 27:14 "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord"
May God Bless you! You're in my prayers.
-Kelbe
Post a Comment