I am very sad... I LOVE dogs, and most animals in general. I am NOT an animal rights fanatic, however. But the Humane Society and SPCA commercials on TV always make me cry, and make me want to send money. NO dog should go without food or be mistreated - and it breaks my heart to know that happens. So usually, I would want to support any organization that helped them...
Until now! My dad is a Wildlife Biologist and works for the US Department of Agriculture. Through work he came across an article on the US Humane Society - and sent it to me the other day. It was so sad - apparenly, the President of the Humane Society makes over $500,000 a year and has his own limo driver full time. Also, the organization gives less than 4% - yes 4% - of their profits to animal shelters!! Can you believe that? I am furious... its nothing but a money making scheme. This article was run by several papers - even the New York Post had done an investigation.
So moral of the story is - if you want to give your money to help homeless pets - GIVE IT DIRECTLY TO YOUR LOCAL ANIMAL SHELTER - that is the only way they will get it! Most of these animal activist groups don't really have the interest of the animals in mind at all - just their bank accounts...
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
amen sister!! did you know that PETA euthanizes 90+% of their house pets per year. that is insane...you are right, these people are NOT after the good of these precious animals. they are all greedy...out for their own personal agenda.
ugh...doesn't it make you so mad!! ?!?!?
xo
Katie thanks so much for writing about this, you know I love animals too! Actually for my bday I was thinking I always get so much money that I don't really need (well I do but you know what I mean) so I started thinking that every bday I would start giving to the SPCA. Thanks so much, so now if I do indeed give I will give to the Mobile SPCA!!!! Thanks for caring, there are only a few of us out there!!!!!! We will always have the memory of saying those pups!!!
Post a Comment