Our fingerprints came back in record time!
Ben actually just recently got back from a two week medical mission trip to Kenya, Africa and we are so glad he is home! I will have to let him do a post about his trip - he has great pictures and stories as always. We are so thankful the Lord opened the door for him to be able to go again (it was his third trip) - the only thing that would have made it better was if he could have brought a baby home with him! :)
We turned our fingerprints and paperwork in right before he left, and within a little over a week (on Valentines Day!) I found out we had been approved! We are so thankful for this - we had heard horror stories of it taking FOREVER for some people to be approved, so this was a blessing. Our social worker sent me an email in disbelief that it happened so fast - and said "that must mean God has great things in store for the Comptons!" - just the encouragement I needed.
We also had our first Home Study today, and it went really well. This process has been slower than I thought, but I cannot say how thankful I am for our specific social worker. I feel the Lord handpicked her for us! She is really laid back and so understanding. She has been doing domestic adoptions for over 20 years, so hopefully we can soak up a lot of her knowledge! We will have a few more Home Studies, and a training class at the end of April. Hopefully after that we will be able to get our profile up, and see what God does from there! We could get a phone call just days before our babies birth, or we could have time to meet with the birth mom and get to know her before the birth. We could have a girl baby, or a boy baby - a sick baby or a healthy baby. We could have a black baby, a white baby or something in between. :) Its so exciting to think that the Lord already knows JUST what this baby will look like - even though we have NO CLUE! But it will be the perfect baby for us... a baby worth waiting these 3 (plus) years for!
I am hoping to do a little tshirt fundraiser for the adoption really soon - Ben and I have been working on the design... We are not wanting to ask people to financially help with the adoption (although many of you have been sweet to offer and any little bit would help!) but it would be so encouraging to us as we wait to see the people we love wearing a tshirt to remind us of the sweet baby that is on the way... more to come soon!
Thursday, March 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
will have to hear about your home study!!! and we want t-shirts!!! let us know when we can order them :)!!! praying for you all... lots of love!! the finley's
Excited things are moving.....praying for ya!
whoo hoo! you FINALLY updated!! ;) and i love that new third day song...i've already downloaded it on the ipod and listened to it like a billion times thanks to you.
Yay!!! This makes me excited!!! I want a t-shirt!
So thrilled to hear how things are coming with the adoption. Praying for you!
I can't wait to hear about this t-shirt! And order some for the Villacampas, of course!
Post a Comment