Monday, September 13, 2010

Still Here

Yes, we are still here! After not posting in two whole months, I figured it was time... a lot has been going on, and blogging was low on the priority list. First of all, my brother got married this past weekend! We have been having lots of parties and celebrating the last few months, and this weekend the main event took place on Lake Oconee outside Atlanta. It was beautiful, sweet, and perfect. I cried most of the weekend (I know you are surprised) but I just adore and respect my little brother so much and could not be happier that Savannah is now an official part of the family... Ben and I were both in it, and so was Ms.Campbell. Pictures to come soon...

On a not so fun note, the fertility process (a full time job in itself) has kept me pretty busy the last few months. We have had 2 IuI's done, and still no pregnancy. This is becoming a real battle for me and my faith - and for the first time in the two and a half years that we have been traveling this road, I am really feeling the doubt and fear creeping in. I am just so hurt and angry - and just dont understand.
Its hard to know what to do next, where to go from here - and just how many more fertility treatments to do. My heart is still so hoping to adopt - even though Ben and I are still hoping for one more of our own.

Last night when I knew the second IuI did not work, I hit a very low point and today has been a real battle. Then I saw that a friend sent me the video of a friend of hers that had adopted from Ethiopia (a place I am interested in). At the end of the video, the mother said "Following God's plan for your life will.always.be.worth.it."
Those were exactly the words I needed for today... even though I am HURTING like I never have in all my life and am more BROKEN than I have ever been, this.will.all.be.worth.it. And if God shows me "why" by giving Ben, Campbell, and I a beautiful dark skinned baby boy like this one - I would be so very thankful for every bit of this pain...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

katie! thank you for sharing that video. i watched it 3 times. i cried and cried. andrea did her first solo to the Mark Harris "Find Your Wings" song...and that made me cry some more. I thought about you, and your precious family. I love you all dearly. You are in my prayers. And yes it is sooo true :: Following Gods plan for your life...Will.Always.Be.Worth.It. It is SOO hard sometimes to abide in God's Will, but how beautiful the end result! I love you!!!

Go and Tell said...

Katie,
I hurt for you and you know I've been where you are right now. I'm sorry. And I am praying for ya'll. I would still love to talk some time! I have been keeping up with little Isaac and that blog has been encouraging to me, too. Please know that you are not alone and I can't wait to see what God has in store for you and your little family.....And if God gives you a beautiful dark skinned baby, you won't be alone then either! :)
Love,
Meg

Matt and Naomi O'Reilly said...

Katie, I am and will continue to lift you up to the Father! I'm so sorry its been so hard. I'm praying for strength and hope for you and Ben. Thanks for sharing the video...I actually know the mom in the video! Love you sweet friend!!!

Ashley said...

I've seen this video and it is so amazing...I don't think I have the energy to watch again-ha!..I follow her blog and am completely addicted!
Praying for you friend...IT WILL BE WORTH IT! Call me anytime...I remember those thoughts and feelings all too well. I love you!

Ashley said...

LOVE this video!!! Hope and pray we can both bring home our little adopted ones one day soon and they can be best friends!(:
Praying for you tons Katie! I love you!

Kimmie said...

i saw this one a few weeks ago on that site i love (weloveourlucy...sister of "ordinary hero girl"). i cry everytime i watch them.

I LOVE YOU katie boyd (compton ;)) and can't wait to see what Christ does in your life and your precious family. it's going to be exciting to see. HE is so faithful...

Shane, LaJuan, Jocelyn and Gabbie said...

Hey Katie...It's LaJuan Black...it's been so long since we've seen ya'll or chatted. I just wanted to thank you for your honesty and vulnerability in this post. I KNOW this road is hard, confusing, often disappointing and a roller coaster of emotions, thoughts, and fears....know that we are praying for y'all as you continue to fight to trust the Lord as you walk along this journey. Know you are not alone, even though you may feel that way many times....if you ever would like to chat, know that I am here. Miss you guys.

Whitney said...

I'm sure you've heard this verse a gazillion times, but I thought it might be a nice reminder and one you can claim in your prayer life: "In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express." {Romans 8:26}
Praying for and love you!

Barki's said...

Katie,
i'm glad i don't have mascara on right now! Thank you for sharing that video and even more thank you for sharing your heart! I was thinking about you and praying for you last night, so I checked your blog today! Miss you! Praying for you.

jme

danielle said...

Katie-I am SO sorry about what you are going through. I am praying for you and Ben. Miss you :)