...comes trouble!
I always wondered when Campbell would start saying blunt things in front of others that would be rude/hurtful - even though she didn't mean it... you know, those kids that yell "He's FAT mommy!" or "Is she having a baby?" Well, the day has finally come for me to join those horrified mothers...
We were at a funeral not long ago, and Campbell had to go potty so we were waiting in line outside the bathroom door. A family member walked up behind us with her mother and I was introducing Campbell to them. She was being shy, and as we started to walk away when it was our turn for the restroom she yelled "Momma, is she a WITCH?" I would love to have seen how red my face actually got - but I ducked into the bathroom as fast as I could. I proceded to have a heated conversation with Campbell about how witches are not real, but pretend - and that we do NOT call people that. I still can't figure out why she thought that - it was a very sweet lady around 60 or 65, but who knows... no more Wizard of Oz for Campbell!
Then another day we were in publix and a very masculine lady that worked there stopped to say hi to Campbell as we were shopping. She had a very deep voice, and before she walked away Campbell yelled "Is that a boy or a girl?" Again, we had to have a talk about how you only ask those questions AFTER they have walked away!!
We saw a sweet friend-of-a-friend at Moes the other night, and she had just come from running. She had on cute running clothes, and her hair in a pony tail. When she said hi to Campbell, Campbell responded "You must be a cheerleader!" Hilarious.
One of my best friends from high school was spending the night with me while her husband was out of town, and Campbell woke up in the middle of the night. I went to check on her, and told her we had to be quiet because Aunt Joy had to sleep since she had to go to work the next day. Campbell looked really confused as she looked at me and said, "Silly mommy... girls don't go to work - boys do! Girls go to the store..." Wow, did Ben love that one...
Easter pictures and more updates to come as soon as I can get our SLOW computer to cooperate!
Happy Thursday!
Thursday, April 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Love it! Bryant and I are cracking up!
Katie, these are too funny! I would have died as well! Wow, they say the craziest things!
the witch story made me lol!! too cute!
Absolutely halirious! We miss you all so much. Remember when we used to hang out?? That was before kids though wasn't it? Ha.
Love to you all.
she's such a funny girl!!!! LOVE it!!!!
Post a Comment