A friend just gave me the devotional called Streams in the Desert - and I started it today... this entry brought me much comfort (and tears) after a rough week in my walk with the Lord...
Consider what God has done, Who can straighten what He has made crooked?
Ecclesiastes 7:13
Your situation is filled with uncertainty and is very serious, but it is so PERFECTLY RIGHT. The reason behind it will more than justify Him who brought you here, for it is a platform from which God will display His almighty grace and power.
He not only will deliver you but in doing so will impart a lesson that you will never forget. And in days to come, you will return to the truth of it through singing. You will be unable to ever thank Him enough for doing exactly what He has done:
"We may wait till He explains,
because we know that Jesus reigns.
It puzzles me; but, Lord, You understandest,
and will one day explain this crooked thing.
Meanwhile, I know that it has worked out Your best -
its very crookedness taught me to cling.
You have fenced up my ways, made my paths crooked,
To keep my wandering eyes fixed on You,
To make me what I was not, humble, patient;
To draw my heart from earthly love to You.
So I will thank and praise You for this puzzle,
and trust where I cannot understand.
Rejoicing You do hold me worth such a testing,
I cling the closer to Your guiding hand."
We are still waiting - and it is painful, but SO PERFECTLY RIGHT. This past week was a tough one in this fertility battle - and I was so angry and wanted to give up. But God is patient with me - and I know that this crookedness is working out His best, and is teaching me to cling... So I am thanking Him for the puzzle - and trusting where I cannot understand.
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Hey Katie. I'm sorry you're having a hard time, but I know the Lord is doing much in your heart through this as He draws you closer to Himself. Sounds like that devotional came at the perfect time! Praying for you sweet friend.
I love that devotional book and just as the title suggests, it is perfect for seasons such as this. I love you and we're praying. Call me if you ever need to talk. Love you!
thank you for sharing your heart. it's really inspiring to see you being changed by your pain because of our loving Savior. praying for continued closeness with Jesus as you walk this road. love you...
Hey I have been thinking about you alot lately. I have lost your email address, please email me at
amber42079@yahoo.com I love you guys!
Hi! I was referred to your blog by Katie Crosby, and I believe you are good friends with her sister. I have been battling infertility too for a year and 3 months now. I have blogged often about our experience. Our blog is www.thecolechronicles.com. I can totally relate to what you said in this post. This past week, I experienced a lot of those same emotions, being angry, frustrated, and just ready to give up. Thank you Jesus for being so patient with us, and thank you for sharing your heart. I think I am going to purchase the devotional book. Seems very encouraging!
Post a Comment