I love being Campbell's mom... not that we don't have our bad days - very bad days - but there are also many moments that make all those days worth it. For example:
-This morning when I went in to get her up, I picked her up and she touched my face and hair and said "pretty..." ONLY my child could think that I was pretty at 8am with no make up, bedhead, morning breath and in pjs. She made my day...
-She always says Bens name 1,000 times a day wondering where he is, and I respond "Daddys at work baby - he will be home soon." She then repeats "soon....". So now she will just save time and tell herself "Dada...soon." :( I hate that he has to work so much... She picked up a framed picture of the 2 of them this morning, brought it to me and said "kiss,hug!" She then took it, kissed Bens face and hugged the frame for like 10 minutes. I was in tears!
-She loves our dog Bailey, and now Bailey is finally warming up to her too. She will let Campbell hug and kiss her - which are 2 of Campbells favorite things. They also love to play chase. She always looks forward to coming home to see "Baweeeey" and to personally let her out of the kennel. Today we pulled in the garage from a trip to the grocery store and she yelled "Baweeeeey!" I said, "Yeah baby - we get to go see Bailey! What do you think she has been doing?" and Campbell matter-of-factly answered "Barking." :) I didn't even know she knew that word...
Enjoy your day - and this GREAT fall weather!
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
What a great little personality she has! I love fun stories like these. Glad you are doing well.
Precious! I love these sweet stories about Campbell! Tell her I miss her!
did she happen to say "mannie" at all that day! haha! I miss her so much! I love the stories! Please post some more!
Love you!
precious!
Those are precious stories! I can't believe how big she is. I miss you guys so much!
She's so fun and sweet and grown up! Do you know when y'all can visit yet? Please say soon :)
Hey Katie, I just found yours and Kimmie's blog through Ashley's. That is so sweet what Campbell said to you early that morning. Dont they just melt your heart. I am so glad Ben's test results came back negative - what an answer to prayer. My blog is harwells.blogspot.com .
Look forward to seeing you soon, Leslie Harwell
that is so adorable Katie!(: I used to always want boys but that makes me want a sweet little girl(:
we missed you at LG last night- let's get together soon!
Post a Comment