Poor little Campbell had a rough week last week... she has had a cold for about 3 weeks, and finally got an antibiotic. It didn't seem to be helping, then last week she spiked a temp of 104. She has never had a fever, so I was frantic of course. Dr. Dad calmed me down, and we got it down to 101 before bed, but she kept the temp for several days. When we went to the doctor, everything looked okay - except her white blood cell count. They wanted to start doing some test, and the worrier in me had ridiculous things like cancer flashing through my mind... They had to prick her finger, draw blood, giver her 2 bad antibiotic shots, and since they couldn't get a urine sample - cath her twice. Needless to say, it tortured me to watch them do all this. Thankfully, her temp eventually came down - and she is back to her normal self. Who knows what it was... but Campbell is never sick, so this was a scare.
On a lighter note, she is getting more and more verbal - and closer to walking. She loves to say hi and bye while waving frantically - to anyone that will notice. This is really funny when we are in public... she never meets a stranger and is now best friends with all the check out ladies and greeters at Wal Mart, the waitresses at our favorite restaurants, etc. She is quite a people person! My mom got her some "big girl shoes" with hard soles, and she actually stood by herself for a little bit. She still only walks when she can hold onto something, but she is getting a little more brave each day - hopefully I will be chasing her soon! (remind me I said that :) )
We also had her first professional pictures taken... and they are beautiful! The photographer (and model!) were great - I don't know how we will choose! You can see her pictures at http://www.heatherswannerphotography.com/OnlineViewing. Scroll down to Katie Compton, click Enter Gallery, then use campbell for the password.
I'll post some pictures soon...
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
oh no, i am so sorry to h ear that sweet campbell has been sick. i would have been worried too...isn't that what mama's are supposed to do!!?
glad all is well now though...miss you guys!
xoxo
oh my...i LOVE the pictures. i want them all!! ;)
The pictures are unbelievable. She is so beautiful. It is hard to believe she is as old as she is. My favorites are the ones with her playing with the pearls. If I were you, I would have to buy all of them! I can't wait to see the 2 of you this weekend!
the pictures are amazing. She is beautiful! Owen wants an 8x10 for behind the crib! Talk to you soon
Katie- I wish I had known all of that was going on... maybe I could have helped you somehow! I am glad everything is okay now! Her pictures were beautiful- I loved the black and white ones with the pearls in her mouth. She looks so big!
Wow! Campbell's pictures are beautiful! I agree with you...I don't know how you'll ever decide which ones to get! None of them are bad. She is growing so big! Miss you guys! :)
I am so sorry to hear that Campbell was sick but glad to hear that she is doing better.
Those pictures are unbelievable!!!!!!!!! She is the most beautiful and adorable child in the world! I don't know how you are going to choose. I hope she won't think that little Will is too young for her. We will raise him to be a gentleman... I promise:)
Katie, I love the pictures, especially #7974-such a beautiful family! I miss you and think of you often. Big hugs.
Post a Comment