Thursday, January 27, 2011

She called!

About thirty minutes after my post yesterday, I got the long awaited (as in, waited for 6 days - ha!) phone call from our social worker!!

It was so great to hear her voice - it brought tears to my eyes and made it finally feel real. This is HAPPENING! Monday we will have our orientation interview, and then get our fingerprints taken care of...

There are multiple adoption blogs I read that so encourage me - and I was reading one today of a family that is adopting a little girl from Ethiopia. Her friends had a shower for her, and this is what the invitation said...

I didnt give you the gift of life,
But in my heart I know.
The love I feel is deep and real,
As if it had been so.
For us to have each other,
Is like a dream come true!
No, I didnt give you the gift of life,
Life gave me the gift of you!

I just sat there and cried... what a joy, what a blessing this mom is about to experience!
Thank you Lord, that You choose to let us be a part of your plan for the orphan...

7 comments:

Whitney said...

Woohoo!! I've been wondering all day if she called! Keep us posted - I love it!

nick, robyn and taylor said...

Oh, dear sweet, Katie! I am crying tears of joy right now! I would call you but it's too late, but I'll call you tomorrow!!!

Meredith Houston Carr said...

Katie, that is SO exciting!!! I'll be praying for you guys and this journey. I know you've probably got a lot of adoption blogs you read, you might also look at http://shannonfaith.blogspot.com. She's a girl I went to college with, and they recently adopted a little boy from Ethiopia--he's so adorable!

I'm so happy for you guys - keep us all posted!

Robin said...

I am so excited for you! We can't wait to meet this baby that God blesses you with :)

Kimmie said...

yippee skippy!!! :) let's get this ball rolling. ;)
love ya and that little man already!

Barki's said...

so excited for y'all, Katie!! praying for you!

Ketcham Family said...

i am praying for you during this process!! it is soooo exciting!!!
would love to chat sometime !