Wednesday, January 26, 2011

One step closer...

to having a baby in my arms!!!

We finally turned in our adoption paperwork this past Thursday, January 20th!

We are so very excited... but sadly, I am already getting impatient! We were told we would hear from our social worker and have an orientation interview this week, and I havent heard from them yet - and its killing me! Guess this too will be a good lesson in patience and waiting on the Lord - much like the last 3 years...

Its amazing that as soon as this summer we could finally have a sibling for Campbell... I just cant wait! If you will, join us in praying for the birth mom - that she will take care of herself during her pregnancy, and that the Lord will use our relationship to draw her to Himself if she does not know Him. Also, if you would pray for the Lord to prepare our hearts for what is to come... we were pretty open to anything in terms of race, sex, medical history - so I am still having moments of fear where I think "can I really do this?!?" The answer is no, I cant. But He can. And He will enable us to do it - because He has called us to it, and He will not leave us there...

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Yay!! We will be praying for all of you! Can't wait to see the sweet baby the Lord will bring you :)

Whitney Jodry said...

Hooray for good news! We are praying with you guys! Love you and can't wait to meet that sweet baby!

Kelbe said...

Katie,
You amaze me! Your faith is extremely contagious. Praise God for His Plan!!! Any child is lucky to have you and Ben as parents. Best Wishes on the adoption process as well as God possibly giving ya'll another 'birth' child. I pray for His will to be done and for ya'll to share His Glory with those you meet.

The verse Jacob has been learning is Philiphians 4:13 "I can do anything through Christ who strengthens me"


-Kelbe