Friday, January 15, 2010

Conversations with Daddy

 


Campbell is definitely a daddy's girl... and as much as Ben wanted to have a boy (and still does) it has been so fun to hear him tell people recently "Man, there is nothing like having a little girl..." She thinks her Daddy hung the moon, and cannot wait until he walks through the door each day. (well, he doesn't actually walk through the door EACH day unfortunately, but we wish he did!)

Being the faithful reformed man he is :), he has started teaching Campbell some Catechism questions and answers. (It is basically the foundations of our faith put into question/answer form - super helpful for teaching kids) She knows the first one, and it is so cute to hear Ben quiz her...

Ben: Campbell, what is the chief end of man?
Campbell: To gworify God, and enjoy him forever!

Then sometimes she turns it around on him and asks him the question... Guess I better start learning the Catechism! She keeps us on our toes... :)

The other day Ben was talking with her in the car, and she was asking him (quizing him) what color things were. This is the conversation that followed...

Ben: What color are you Campbell?
Campbell: I'm clear daddy!

We died laughing....

Then the other day I heard her talking to Ben under her breath (he didn't hear her) but she said "Daddy, you are always so beautiful... and I love you so much" Now if she would only tell me that every day :)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

danielle said...

I can remember Ben loving his little girl before she could even say such sweet things! What a sweet relationship :) And I love that in your pic you are eating Moe's-one of my favorites.

Jamie and Blake said...

i love the puckered lips of daddy and campbell...you will cherish that forever!!