Desperately, helplessly, longingly, I cried.
Quietly, patiently, lovingly God replied.
I pled and I wept for a clue to my fate,
And the Master so gently said, "Child you must wait!"
"Wait? You say, wait!" my indignant reply.
"Lord, I need answers, I need to know why!
Is your hand shortened? Or have you not heard?
By FAITH I have asked, and am claiming Your Word."
"My future and all to which I can relate
Hangs in the balance, and you tell me to WAIT?
I need a yes, a go-ahead sign,
Or even a no to which I can resign."
"And Lord you promised that if we believe
We need but to ask, and we shall receive.
And Lord, I've been asking, and this is my cry:
I'm weary of asking! I need a reply!"
Then quietly, softly, I learned of my fate
As my Master replied once again, "You must wait."
So, I slumped in my chair, defeated and taut
And grumbled to God, "So, I'm waiting...for what?"
He seemed then to kneel and His eyes wept with mine,
And he tenderly said, "I could give you a sign.
I could shake the heavens, and darken the sun.
I could raise the dead, and cause mountains to run."
"All you seek, I could give, and pleased you would be.
You would have what you want - but, you wouldn't KNOW ME."
"You'd not know the depth of my love for each saint,
You'd not know the power that I give to the faint."
"You'd not learn to see through the clouds of despair,
You'd not learn to trust just by knowing I'm there.
You'd not know the joy of resting in me
When darkness and silence were all you could see."
"You'd never experience that fullness of love
As the peace of my Spirit descends like a dove.
You'd know that I give and I save... (for a start),
But you'd not know the depth of the beat of my heart."
"The glow of my comfort late into the night,
The faith that I give when you walk without sight.
The depth thats beyond getting just what you asked
Of an infinite God who makes what you have LAST."
"You'd never know, should your pain quickly flee,
What it means that "My grace is sufficient for thee,"
Yes, your dreams for your loved ones overnight would come true,
But, oh, the loss! If I lost what I'm doing in you!"
"So, be silent, my child, and in time you will see
THAT THE GREATEST OF GIFTS IS TO GET TO KNOW ME.
And though oft may my answers seem terribly late,
My wisest of answers is still but to WAIT."
i did not write this - but i could hug the person who did. somehow, they managed to put into words exactly what i am feeling these days, and what God is saying in return. many of you have been asking me how i am doing, or what the latest fertility news is - and this poem sums it up. we are waiting. and i am tired of waiting. BUT - i can say that i am desperate and needing my God like i never have in all my life, and that has been a good, good thing... and i am thankful for it.
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




15 comments:
I needed this today, Katie! Thank you for sharing. Praying for you. Hoping and praying that we will have babies in our arms soon!
Waiting is so hard! Praying and waiting with you :) Love you!
Tears in my eyes, I am praying for you as I write this! I love you guys! The Lord has obviously been working through all of this waiting!
Katie,
I love this!! So glad you are finding words like this to encourage you. I pray that your waiting is almost over! Love the song by the way, much better than the old ;)
Thank you for posting this. My heart is hurting for you. Know that we love you and are praying.
~Deb
Precious Katie!
My heart swells in knowing that our God, the one true God, loves you so much that he chose you, in this moment in time, to walk with Him and cause you to cling to Him desperately. I am praying as well that He would answer you in His time, and pray that it would be quickly. My perspective has been widened this week thru Brian's passing and the poem that you posted was good for my heart as well. I'm thankful to have you as such a sweet friend and look forward to watching God as He moves in your lives! Love you!
Kate - this poem is perfect! Thank you for sharing! I love you and am walking this rode next to you! Can't wait to learn more of what the Lord is teaching you! Love you dearly!
love you sweet friend!
One of my favorite songs - so powerful! Praying for you guys and love you!
love and prayers for you and ben. grieving with hope...thanks for a real example of what it means to walk with Jesus when you're hurting.
Sweet Katie,
My heart breaks as I read this! I have a few other close friends right now that are going through this same thing and it is so hard to watch. I will pray for you as I pray for them. I love you and am thankful you shared this.
Love you!
Love you Katie! Praying for you during this time. God is using you to bring comfort to those who are waiting as well. I love you like a daughter so please know that I am praying for you, Ben and Campbell. much love, Ms Stella
Hey Sweet Katie,
Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you. Wish so much we could hang out.
Hugs,
Katie
Katie,
I don't know if you remember me but I was Ben's age at Auburn. Just wanted you to know that your post has brought encouragement to me as we are going through infertility, as well. God has called me to blog about it, too, and I just appreciate your honesty. Thanks for sharing your heart!
Meg (Crow) DeCoudres
Katie,
I wrote you an email...but I am not sure if I have the correct email address...I am your backyard neighbor- contacted you this summer. I just wanted you to know that prayers are going up for you and your family. I just went through IVF and would love to talk with you. support is alway such a blessing. let me know if you got my email. I would love for you to call me...i know that this can be a scary time as well. We are praying for ya'll!
Adair
Post a Comment