Thursday, June 19, 2008

Update

Hey everyone... just wanted to post a little update for Ben. He is doing well on the medications - although they made him sick and tired at work this weekend, but I think he's feeling better now. He will be on the medication for 4 weeks, and then at 6 weeks they should be able to tell him something more definite. He will continue to have blood drawn every few weeks so they can monitor everything. I was strangely calm about this for a while, but in the last few days it has caught up with me. I think I was just pretending it didn't happen... but the Lord is faithful in that He is my Rock - and strong enough to carry this burden for me. For that I am very thankful...

I just want to say that we obviously know that this needle stick didn't catch God off gaurd, or surprise Him. We serve a sovereign God who is all knowing and all powerful and in charge. He will use this situation for His glory - and I am sure of that. One thing He has done so far is to remind me how WONDERFUL our friends and family are, and what a blessing they are from Him. We received so many phone calls and emails letting us know we were being prayed for - and countless offers for people to come to give me company, help with Campbell, etc. The fact that you all love us that much has overwelmed me at many moments this past week, and I want to say thank you. God hears and answers the prayers of His children, and they are getting us through this!

I will pass along any updates as we receive them... we love y'all!

5 comments:

The Morrisons said...

We will continue to lift you up. You are such an encouragement, and the Lord is using you to show us His faithfulness. Your strength is amazing, and His grace is shining through you. Thanks for keeping us updated, and as always let us know how we can help.

The Brannens said...

I am so glad to read the update on Ben. Praise the Lord that when situations like this happen it does not catch the Lord off guard. He is sovereign! You are still in our prayers and we love you.

The Northcutt's said...

Praying for you!

Leslie said...

Katie - I hate to hear this. We will be praying for y'all. Please please please call me if you need anything.

Baby Huffstetler said...

Katie! I am praying for Ben...... please call me and let me know if you need anything at all. I love you!