Well, it happened... my sweet baby girl turned one! I can't believe it - I feel like it was yesterday that I was in the hospital wondering how I would take care of that tiny thing - and now she is so big! She is such a joy - Ben and I love every minute with her. She laughs constantly - and is turning into a little social buttefly. I took her for her 12 month appointment, and she is almost 20.5 pounds, 29 inches. Things looked great - except the doctor was a little worried she isn't pulling up on things, and has little interest in trying to stand. So, we are going to have her evaluated by a pediatric physical therapist just in case. I'll keep you posted...
Back to the party - we had her party on Sunday, February 3rd - her actual birthday. Lots of friends and family made it really special - and we missed those of you who couldn't be there. It was a cupcake themed party - and I made monogrammed apple cupcakes (some in ice cream cones, some not) with cream cheese apple butter frosting, chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese filling, and good ole' plain yellow cupcakes with chocolate icing. Campbell didn't really know what to do with her cupcake at first - she had more fun smushing it in her hands than she did eating it!
Honey and Papa (my mom and dad) got her a really cute birthday outfit to wear that was pink with a cupcake embroidered on it with one candle. Too cute!
Everyone completely spoiled her - she got lots of great books, toys and clothes. Even a pair of monogrammed scrubs to match daddy's! My Aunt found a Bible cover that my late grandmother Zadie Belle made, and gave it to Campbell. My grandmother was very special to me - and I miss her very much. So of course, I cried. I'm sure you are all surprised... Also - my brother Brian made Campbell a rocking chair to match her room - so again, I cried! All in all, her birthday was wondeful - we enjoyed every second of it. But part of me (okay, all of me) wishes she could stay little forever...
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






9 comments:
So sweet, I am sorry I missed it. She is so cute and precious. Looks like you did a great job on the party. Oh and I love your curtains! :)
It looks like you guys had so much fun. Katie, I got lots of ideas from you (great table!). It looks like everything went great; so sad we missed it. Can't wait to see you guys soon.
I love the birthday pictures!! It looks like Campbell had a wonderful first birthday! Its hard to believe she is already one! Love yall!
Awe, happy birthday sweet Campbell!!! What a precious birthday party. Katie you are so domestic making all those adorable cupcakes.
Christina
We are so sad that we missed Campbell's party. The pic of her with cupcake all over her stresses me out! The house looks great! We can't wait to see you guys!
I hate I couldn't be there! it looked so fun! Campbell looked adorable in her outfit and i like the pic with little minnie mouse.:)
miss you and call you after this play is over!
she is precious katie. she looks just like you.
Happy Birthday Campbell! Wish we could have been there-looks like a great party! You look adorable...as always! Love, Katie
We got to see Campbell last week at Laredos with her sweet grandparents! She is too precious! We need to get her and Kirkley together sometime when Campbell is passing through! :)
Post a Comment