Since finding out Katie, Campbell, and I will be in Birmingham for at least the next three years we were anxious to get a place to live nailed down. So this past Wednesday we all went up to Auburn, then Thursday Katie and I left Campbell with Katie's mom Pam and went to look at houses in Birmingham with a realtor. We saw a lot of good stuff, some bad, but went back up on Friday to look more specifically at a starter home-type neighborhood. We wanted something newer, in our price range, and not too far from the hospitals at which I'll be working . . . which is a lot to ask in Birmingham.
But on Friday we loved a lot of the houses in that neighborhood and the Lord was gracious to us and drew us to one in particular. We made an offer on Saturday and after multiple counteroffers came to an agreement Sunday afternoon for what we feel is a very fair price. Katie and I are very excited about this house. It not too far from the hospitals and has all the things we've (Katie) always wanted: hardwood floors, double vanity and seperate tub and shower in the master bath, a good backyard for Bailey (which I will need to fence in), great kitchen, and three bedrooms so we will have an extra room for ALL of our friends from Mobile to come and visit!! And they better . . .
Monday, March 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
How exciting!!!! I'm so happy you guys found something you liked in such a short time. I just called you to see if you had found anything and then I look at your blog. This is so great! I love the house it's very cute and NEW. I know Katie likes newer houses!!
Very cute! I had a feeling y'all were going to buy a house the first weekend you looked. How wonderful that y'all didn't have to make multiple trips!
P.S. You better believe we'll be coming to visit :)
Post a Comment